Monday, November 29, 2010

















Doesn't look like much, does it?! This is in fact a Christmas present for someone who shall remain nameless because although I suspect they don't read my blogs, I don't know for certain... Anyway, since we're in cheap and cheerful mode for Christmas this year darling daughter and I decided to knit and then felt a bag or two, using patterns from "Stitch and Bitch Nation" which we unearthed when unpacking boxes a month or so ago.


















I've never knitted something and then felted it before so it was something of a relief when the big floppy thing I ended up with miraculously shrank down into a bowling bag shape, with nice firm fabric! Of course I'd made my task doubly difficult by choosing a bobbly wool/nylon mix - enough wool to felt (I hoped!) but an interesting texture. In these pictures the wet just-out-of-the-washing-machine bag has been stuffed with plastic bags to get an approximate shape while it dries; it will then be blocked and ironed into place.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice - are you going to show us the ironed perfection pics too? I've never tried felting (given that wool and I don't mix) but the process intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete